Sep 7, 2010

Bittersweet Days

Oh my baby is growing up - she just got on the bus for her first day of Kindergarten. I am crying sporadically today, which is funny because she has been in daycare for three years so I send my baby off everyday.

But now it is Kindergarten, the gateway school to not being my baby anymore.
It is funny how some days she tells me that she doesn't want anymore birthdays because she wants to always be my baby. Then other days, she has already planned the next three years of birthday party's.
She was so excited for school this morning, that she was ready to go out the door 20 minutes before the bus would even show up. Try talking an excited 5 year-old into waiting inside. Didn't happen, so we were at the bus stop 20 minutes early in 25 mile per hour wind gusts.

Yet through it all she is so happy - bittersweet for me - My only daughter going to school - I would love to keep her a baby for ever. When the bus finally pulled up - such excitement! I had to beg for a hug and a kiss - she just wanted to go to big girl school.

So I am sappy today and crying at work - I am a complete mess and I should just go home. Do you think they will let me?

blessings
~Bleumoon

1 comment:

  1. Hey, kudos on letting her ride the bus. It shows you're a good mom. The first day of school for the 6th graders was last week. We had a few parents that had to be told by staff that it was time to leave when they were still there at 11AM!

    I hope she has a fun time at school!

    ReplyDelete