Oct 29, 2010

Floating Eyeball Ice Cubes -

I didn't forget about posting my how- to's ended up with the stomach flu about mid-week and still playing catch-up.
I was having a hard time coming up with a spooky shot to have for my "Drink" with my Trick or Drink party - I decided to go with a quick cocktail since the party starts at my house and then moves on so everyone can have a drink while we wait for the guests to arrive - sit down, let me get you something to tempt you taste buds - - -
To spook it up a bit I made eyeballs -

To make these spooky eyeballs all you need are radishes and olives, with the pits -
Take a radish and cut off the bottom to make it flat, then core out a hole to stuff the olive in -
Finally peel that radish leaving some red showing through
so the eyeball looks blood shot. Stuff the olive in
then place in ice cube tray - add water and freeze -

Now I didn't have an ice cube tray that would fit the radishes nicely and I didn't want to trim them down, so I improvised - which is what everyone should do - improvising can usually make something better (especially with crafts) So I placed mine in a mini muffin pan to place in the freezer - They fit perfectly and now I have ice cube eyeballs for my cocktails!

Don't they look devilishly delightful?

Enjoy - soon to follow is the worms and cauldron how to's -
Now I do have a disclaimer - I am not a fan of radishes or olives, and as the icecube melted it did reveal a smell and taste - so this would work better in a bloody mary, where a radish and an olive would make sense in the drink.

Have a Great Halloween! Trick or Treat is coming on Sunday! I have to give my tiny town credit - no matter the day - Trick or Treat will always be on the 31st, at night - Growing up, it was always on a Sunday at 1pm - glad my daughter gets to go out at night - more fun that way -

Bleumoon

No comments:

Post a Comment